“Sport-1” kit is installed in place of the regular handguard of AK and rifles based on AK.
Has Basis rails on all sides for installation of additional accessories directly on handguard, in particular: B-2 (45 mm.), B-2U (75 mm.), B-2L (34 mm.), B-2M (15 mm) side Picatinny rails; A-1L and A-2L slingmounts; RL-1 hand stoppers; RK-0L, RK-1L, RK-2L, RK-4L, RK-6L grips; NPN-2 Basis rail covers; FP-3 wire holders; tactical switches from “D” line.
All products of the kit are milled with a coating of black or desert color.
Material: D16T aluminum alloy
Product length: 255 mm
Operating ambient temperature range: -50 to +50°C
Advantages during operation:
- improves the cooling of the gun barrel in the area from the receiver to the upper handguard;
- creates the possibility of mounting additional equipment;
- minimum weight and size characteristics.
Weight: 250 ± 10 g
Warranty period of storage and operation: 60 months.
In the kit:
|“B-10L handguard” rail||1 pc.|
|“B-31L upper handguard” rail||1 pc.|
|“DL-1 additional attachment” rail||1 pc.|
|Side bar “Sport-1”||1 pc.|
Why are there so many screws in the kit?
8 screws М5х7 are needed to install the B-31L on the DL-1 and B-10L in case you do not use the Side bar “Sport-1”. In case you use the side bar, you should use six M5x7 screws and two M5x9 screws (longer).
The longer screws are used to install the Side bar “Sport-1”. They cannot be used in other attachment points.
8 screws М5х7 are required if you plan to install B-33, B-22 rail, as well as use B-10L outside the «Sport-1» kit together with B-19 or B-19N rails. B-19, B-19N, B-22 and B-33 rails have longer M5x9 screws in the kit, which cannot be used with the «Sport-1» kit.
To install the “Sport-1” kit on the weapon you need to:
- Perform an incomplete disassembly of weapon, take off regular handguard and upper handguard.
- Install B-10L instead of regular handguard in accordance with B-10L manual.
- Install B-31L, use М5х7 screws.
- Install DL-1, use М5х7 screws.
- Install Side bar “Sport-1″e to add additional rigidity to the structure if it is necessary.
- Connect B-10L and DL-1 with the Side bar “Sport-1”, use М5х9 screws.
Detailed information about each rail: advantages during operation, technical characteristics, kit and installation instructions can be found in the manuals of each rail.
The rigidity of installation of handguard and rails from the kit determines the rigidity of sights, mounted on them, which affects the accuracy of the shot.